Monday, November 14, 2011

T R A I N_rehearsal


Shooting on the train yesterday helped me figure out a lot of blocking with the character. Actually that is not true. It confirmed that I pre-blocked in my storyboards and just had to follow instructions, so yesterday was great confirmation that Pre-Production goes along way.


There was a really neat vintage shop that we found during our travels in Vancouver, WA. The basement has a "Kubrick" feel to the layout and couldn't help but force Sarah to act (which is not difficult). The owner is also a photographer and had this room set up with three point lighting, it was as if I hired a Gaffer who pre-lit the scene.






This project has several challenges mostly in the camera department. I want to learn to make movies like my dreams so I am constantly challenging myself. I was happy to confirm my lens selection for the project. We mostly stayed on a Nikon 85mm f1.8 (Nikkor-H), the lens just always looks great. Sarah is a grad from NYU, it shows. Her light touch, powerful eyes, and natural ability to become the character I've designed coupled with my taste for the "dark" will show in E R A S E R.

No comments:

Post a Comment